Louis Vuitton Damier Noé

May 22, 2012 at 10:20 am 5 comments

Since it’s almost three weeks until Paris I am now in the clear to start duty-free shopping. I have been dying for a new handbag for a few months but have been holding off for those few dollars that will go back into my account once I pass through customs. Well, two weeks later but still, better in my pocket, right?

On Sunday mum and I went into Louis Vuitton, George Street to have a look at the bags and make some selections. While she deliberated a bit, I was pretty certain of what I wanted already. I’ve had my eye on a bag in Damier Azur for a while and the shape of the Noé really appeals to me because it’s young and summery and quite large. Because he thinks he is hilarious, my dad asked me why I “chose a beach bag”  and I suppose he is quite right – the opening is fairly clumsy and doesn’t look ideal for travelling. Luckily it sits right under my arm so I can keep it closed for when I’m in a crowd or on public transport.

Finally, I was really impressed with the price, this one was $1290 which I think is really reasonable for the size.

Sadly, because the Damier Azur print is quite Summery I haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I have lots of plans for outfits – all summer ones – so I can’t wait to get into the Northern Hemisphere and test it out!

What’s your latest purchase?

About these ads

Entry filed under: Fashion, Uncategorized. Tags: .

What’s In My Bag? What’s In My Bag?

5 Comments Add your own

• 1. Jessica Louise  |  May 24, 2012 at 11:59 am

Yay! Looking forward to seeing your Paris outfits.

• 2. Carlie  |  May 25, 2012 at 3:00 am

Hi – how do you get duty free? Don’t you then have to declare items over $900 on your return? http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4352.asp
    I never understand how people do this ………..

• 3. Marlo Perry  |  May 25, 2012 at 8:24 am

Who said I’m coming back? ;)

• 4. hello  |  June 11, 2012 at 4:56 am

i dont get why people buy louis vuitton when you can go to europe and get a fake for 15 euros. more money than sense

• 5. Marlo Perry  |  June 11, 2012 at 5:10 am

People don’t buy fakes for a number of reasons:

-I respect people’s intellectual property and don’t appreciate when it’s ripped off and abused
    -I like to buy quality. I have designer bags that last years and years and years and have seen friends use their fakes once and the strap has flung off. It pays to buy well-made pieces
    -Fake bags LOOK like crap. You can always tell a fake no matter how ‘good’ it looks. The seams fray, the metal tarnishes and there’s always something just a bit off.

In fact, buying a fake doesn’t make sense at all.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

Email me at marlo[at]marloperry.com

Follow A Fatal Attraction to Cuteness on WordPress.com

Categories

Recent Posts

A snippet of my Instagram account

💯 ✔ Done! #gingerbreadhouse #gingerbread #christmas 🏠🎅🎄🎁 gingerbread house workshop! @petersofkensington. Champagne and gingerbread - I'm in heaven!! Delicious dinner at @chiswickrestaurant (obviously). Love the outlook at the Art Gallery. Totally different feel to Woollahra. #dessert #sydney #chiswick #dinner @chefmattmoran I can't find where this pic came from originally but I adore this idea!! 😍 If only I had delicate little fingers that could produce such prettiness. #christmas #gingerbread #gingerbreadhouse OMG the cutest! Wish it was mine 💕😍😭🐰😳 #bunny #babybunny #rabbit #rabbitstagram taken from @best4bunny Woah. They were *not* kidding when they said the treasures would be coming out of the vaults. Amazing display and very informative talk by Melissa at @statelibrarynsw. This is the only known image of Bennelong and I am so happy I got to see it in person. More of these sessions will be run throughout #CorroboreeSydney if you're around town. Another day, another high tea. This time for the ladies @sydneyswans. Wonderful to hear from the fresh new recruits and 2015 Number One Ticket Holder, Duncan McPherson OAM. #hightea #sydneyswans #sydney #afternoontea Sorbet made with nothing but mango, raspberries and a dash of lemonade. @itsyonananas 😊🍧🌞 We grow his greens for him. Such a lucky bun. #growitlocal #homegrown #rabbit #bunny #rabbitstagram 🌱🐰

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 185 other followers