Posts filed under ‘Competitions’
Change of season. Summer’s over, no need to eat well since bikini time is gone, right? You start to feel run down. Sniffles, sneezing, falling asleep at your desk. What do you need?
A long nap? Probably.
A holiday? Don’t we all.
A metaphorical kick up the bum? I have one for you!
Blackmores has recently launched their Alive! multivitamin range especially formulated to provide you with more daily energy, plenty of the good stuff we sometimes forget to give our body and the drive to pack more into your day in a healthy way. It can be tough to get through a whole day without at least one morning coffee or a 3:30 shot of caffeine, but with Alive! your body is supported by minerals like zinc, vitamins B, C & D and a blend of 20 fruits and veggies in order to recharge the body in a natural way.
Since this product has just become available (in women’s, men’s and women/men’s 50+) I have a special pack to give away valued at over $250!
The winner will receive:
- 4 x bottles of Alive! Multivitamins
- Blackmores water bottle
- Blackmores Visor
- all packed up in a pink alligator-look overnight bag
to win this fantastic prize, just comment below with what makes you feel Alive!
It could be anything – travelling, dancing, bungee jumping or public speaking – if it gets your blood pumping, your mind racing and all your senses activated then I want to
hear read it!
For those on twitter, an extra entry will be awarded for tweeting:
I could feel more Alive! thanks to @MarloPerry and @Blackmores http://wp.me/pRFXn-1N0 #ifeelalive
You have until midday (AEST) Friday, 23 March 2013 to submit your answer.
Winner will be contact shortly after so please ensure your email address is correct.
Entry is open to residents of Australia only.
Good luck and for more information, check out the Alive! page on Blackmores’ site: http://www.blackmores.com.au/alive
I haven’t done a giveaway on my blog in soooooooo long so I thought I’d reward my loyal readers!
Atmos&Here is just one of the brands in The Iconic’s stable and I have some of their fab jewellery to give away.
The Iconic is Australia’s biggest online store with super quick postage, competitive prices and about 500 million products on offer. They pride themselves on being able to have your item in your hands within a few hours and for their excellent online presence.
I’ve been trawling through Atmos&Here’s profile on The Iconic and they have lots of cool printed pants (my favourite – ha!) and relaxed tees as well as cute and very affordable bags, belts and jewellery, as you will see below.
This necklace is glam but not too OTT so it’s perfect for dressing up leather leggings, a loose knit and some chunky Alexander Wang flats. The earrings are moody and remind me of the ‘glam goth’ trend but they’re also a little boho.
All you have to do to win these two pieces is comment with your favourite brand that is sold on The Iconic – the hardest part is choosing just one!
Please make sure you include your email address in the correct field so I can contact you if you win.
- Entries close at midday (AEST) on 28 February 2013 and the winner will be notified shortly thereafter
- Total prize is worth approximately AU$50.00
- Sorry, entry is open to Australian residents only
- Extra entry if you tweet:
“I could win new jewellery thanks to @MarloPerry http://marloperry.com/2013/02/16/giveaway-jewellery-from-atmoshere“
I look forward to reading your answers and picking a winner!
It seems like absolutely everyone has a smartphone these days. Whether it’s an iPhone, Galaxy or Arc you can’t sit at a bus stop or walk down the street without seeing someone glued to theirs. So when I heard that Virgin Mobile were playing on the influence smart phones have on our lives to raise awareness of and support the reduction of youth homelessness I knew I had to let you all know about it.
“Right now there are 32,000 between 12 and 25 years of age who do not have a place to call home“, says Virgin Mobile’s marketing director, David Scribner. These stats are shocking; I’m in that age bracket and I’m sure a lot of my readers are. I can’t imagine not having a place to come home to at this age let alone at the tiny age of 12 – it’s unfathomable.
Thankfully, with the help of Sir Richard Branson, Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia and one of my have Aussie labels, Ksubi you can spruce up your smart phone with specially designed cover with the proceeds supporting Oasis, The Salvation Army’s response to youth homelessness.
Oasis offers support, refuge and care for those affected by youth homelessness helping them to turn their lives around. One of the recipients of this support, Dean Good has also joined Sir Richard Branson, Natalie and Ksubi in designing a cover for this collection.
A huge 100% of the proceeds of the sale of these covers goes towards Oasis which are $35 each and can be purchased from Virgin Mobile stores nationally or the Virgin Mobile Facebook page.
I have one of each design to give away (in your choice of iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy 2 or Sony Ericsson Arc). To enter, simply comment below with your favourite design.
Entries close on Tuesday, June 12 at midday
Good luck and be sure to look at http://www.virginmobile.com.au/covers-for-a-cause/ for more information on this cause!
I reviewed Ultimate Fashionista last month and, following the launch a few weeks ago, I have a copy of it to give away to one of my lucky readers!
Ultimate Fashionista is your guide to all things fashion and would be a welcome addition to any fashion lovers bookshelf.
I am opening this giveaway to readers worldwide so to win, simply answer this question in the comments section below:
Which Hollywood starlet has been the ultimate fashionista this awards season?
Did you love Zooey Deschanel at the Golden Globes? Rihanna at the Grammys or maybe it was Lea Michelle at the Emmys?
For an extra entry, tweet the following:
I could win a copy of @LaniWulff’s ’Ultimate Fashionista’ thanks to @MarloPerry & @RandomHouseAu http://bit.ly/wGvOyd
- Giveaway begins on Saturday, 25 February and closes on Sunday, 11 March at 5:00pm AEST
- Entry is open to everyone in the world. Yay!
- Entry is by answering the question “Which Hollywood starlet has been the ultimate fashionista this awards season?”
- An extra entry into the giveaway will be awarded to those who tweet “I could win a copy of @LaniWulff’s ’Ultimate Fashionista’ thanks to @MarloPerry & @RandomHouseAu http://bit.ly/zNDSZm“
- The winner will be drawn on Sunday, 11 March 2012 and will be contacted by email shortly thereafter
- The prize is worth $29.95 and may not be redeemed for cash
I love love love hosting giveaways on my blog, especially when they’re products I’ve had so much luck with personally.
You would have read about how much I love Avene in particular, being the only products I would allow near my skin when I broke out with terrible acne in 2010/2011. Their sensitive skin care ranges are perfect for providing the care your skin needs without any harsh over-exfoliating, shedding too many natural oils or over-moisturising – they’re just perfect!
Klorane, as we all know, are the OGs when it comes to dry shampoo. But what a lot of people don’t know is that they have great hair care products, too. I’m a huge fan of the camomile shampoo and conditioner, especially when I am just about due for a touch up on my colour; it really puts some sparkle back in your blonde locks.
To celebrate the launch of Klorane and Avène’s new Facebook pages, I have eight separate packs to give away. Four hair care packs and four skin care packs each suited to a particular ‘type’ of skin and hair. Here are all the prizes:
- Oily skin- Cleanance Soapless Cleanser, Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion, Cleanance K, Thermal Spring Water.
- Normal skin- Gentle Gel Cleanser, Gentle Toner, Hydrance Optimale Light, Thermal Spring Water.
- Dry skin- Gentle Milk Cleanser, Gentle Toner, Soothing Moisture Mask, Thermal Spring Water.
- Ageing skin- Ystheal+ Emulsion, Ystheal+ Cream, Ystheal+ Eye Contour, Thermal Spring Water.
- Colour treated hair-Colour enhancing shampoo and conditioner (Pomegranate).
- Blonde/light hair- Brightening and highlighting shampoo and conditioner for blonde and light brown hair (Camomile).
- Dry and damaged hair- Smoothing and nourishing shampoo and conditioner for dry and damaged hair (Mango Butter).
- Weak and thinning hair- Fortifying and revitalizing shampoo and conditioner for weak and thinning hair (Quinine & Vitamin B)
To be in the draw to win one of these fabulous prizes, simply ‘like’ the Klorane and Avene pages on Facebook (don’t worry, they’re not annoying and spam-y like some pages) then tell me in the comments section which pack you need the most. You can enter with one from each (hair and skin) if you like, or just one or the other.
- Giveaway begins on February 16 2012 and will close on Midday (AEST) 25 February 2012
- Winners will be notified by email shortly thereafter. If a reply email containing the winner’s postal address is not received by 29 February 2012, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant
- Entry is open to residents of Australia only
Ho, Ho, Ho I feel like Santa with another fantastic giveaway! This time it’s fashion-based and I am so excited to be able to offer one of my fashion-loving readers a $500 shopping spree and half-day styling and shopping session with fashion editor, Katerina Agiostratitis.
Katerina makes the pages of Cosmopolitan’s Bride and Pregnancy magazines look beautiful, but you don’t have to be expecting or planning a wedding to get some expert tips from her!
Taking place in Sydney’s CBD, Katerina will help you to get a new look with a huge $500 to spend on shiny new things all thanks to 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty.
You may remember all the fun things that were on offer around Australia during 30DOF like beauty masterclasses at Priceline with leading beauty editors such as Woman’s Day’s Mary Zavaglia, the latest looks from Katherine, Alex Perry and Cue in the free Grazia fashion shows at Town Hall and Pandora’s Romantic Rock Runway show. I , personally, had a ball galavanting around Sydney enjoying the Priceline Pamper Tent in Martin Place, Sally Hansen’s world-record-breaking manicure marathon and Alex Perry’s exclusive show in the Commonwealth Bank vault showcasing his stunning gowns with Cerrone jewels.
Given that this is quite a big giveaway, I’m making it a little more tricky to be in the running. To enter, watch the two short videos below and email the answers to the 5 questions listed to firstname.lastname@example.org Once you’ve emailed me, please leave a comment just saying ‘emailed’ so I know to look out for your entry (sometimes they go to the spam folder).
- Which new Aussie designer did Alexa Chung pick up on her visit to Australia?
- According to Kellie Hush, which era of clothing is going to be big this Summer?
- Which mobile phone app helps you to keep track of your money?
- Why was Alex Perry excited to be having a show in a bank?
- What can you redeem with points earned on your Commonwealth Bank Awards Credit Card?
All emails with the correct answers will be entered into the draw with the winner chosen at midday on Wednesday 28 December and emailed shortly thereafter.
- Winner must be living in Sydney or, if living interstate or overseas, be able to take the prize in Sydney.
- Travel costs to Sydney are the responsibility of the winner.
- Entry is by emailing 5 correct answers to the 30 Days of Fashion and Beauty video quiz to email@example.com and a comment on this post confirming your entry
- Winner receives a half-day shopping trip with Katerina Agiostratitis and $500 to spend on the day
- Winner will be emailed on Wednesday, 28 December and if they have not acknowledged receipt of the email by 2 January 2012, the prize will be passed onto a runner-up
- The $500 spending money may not be taken as a cash prize
- The date the prize is to be taken will be determined by the availability of both the winner and Katerina Agiostratitis
- The prize will be taken in 2012
One of my extremely lucky readers will be having an extra merry Christmas this year when they receive a hamper of goodies from some of my favourite beauty, home and lifestyle brands worth $450!
The whole prize is made up of the following:The Aromatherapy Company Candle The Aromatherapy Company Body and Bath Oil The Aromatherapy Company Sleep and Energy Pulse Points The Aromatherapy Company Viva La Colour No.5 50ml Diffuser WYLD man and WYLD Woman JOICO K-PAK Revitaluxe Treatment JOICO K-PAK Color Therapy Shampoo, Conditioner and Restorative Styling Oil Nad’s Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper Nad’s Natural Hair Removal Gel Klorane Dry Shampoo Avène Thermal Spring Water Avène Gentle Milk Cleanser Avène Skin Recovery RICH cream Avène Hand Cream
Obviously this is my biggest ever giveaway so it will require a little more than my usual one-word answers to get yourself in the draw. To be in the running to win this amazing pack, tell me which one of the products listed above is your favourite and why.
Haven’t tried any of the products before? No worries! Visit one of the brands’ sites, get a little background info and tell me why you want to try out a product. Extra credit if you tell me it’s because you’ve got a low sex drive and you really need WYLD for a bit of Summer lovin’.
I want to do a whole post on this topic, but just quickly: Avene is the brand that I attribute to the diminished appearance of my acne scars. I was too scared to put anything except Avene on my skin because it’s so delicate and now, post-insane breakout period, I still use it to heal the scarring. If you have any skin issues you really, really need to try it out.
Good luck with the competition and Merry Christmas!
- Entries close on Tuesday, 20 December at 10am AEST
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia
- Entry in this giveaway is by commenting on this blog post with your answer to “What product is your favourite and why?” or “Which product do you most want to try and why?”
- Winner will be notified by email so please provide your email address in the form (not publicly displayed)